Antenna Extensions - Vertical & Horizontal
ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE DISCONTINUED (Aug. 2012)
Custom-made VERTICAL extensions for Hi Q Antennas "standard" models and other brands with 1.6 inch base diameter and "ruggedized" HF motorized antennas with 2.5" base diameter and 1/2x20 base bolt. HORIZONTAL extension for your bumper / trailer hitch mount that is 11 inches long, to move your antenna to the side to use it while towing a trailer or with a hitch mounted bike rack. All are available in buffed aluminum or powder coated finishes.
- AMB_AntExtend-2.5 (12" & 24"): solid aluminum extension for Hi Q Antennas "ruggedized" models, 2.5" O.D. - INCLUDES all hardware (1/2x20 SS stud & HD 1/2" solder lug); use your Hi Q bolt & insulating wafers.
AMB_AntExtend-1.6 (12" & 24"): solid aluminum extension for Hi Q Antennas "standard" models, 1.6" O.D. - INCLUDES all hardware (3/8x24 SS stud & HD 3/8" solder lug); use your Hi Q bolt & insulating wafers.
Horizontal Extension Arm for Antenna Mounts
To download the product installation instructions, click > MANUALS. To view the warranty click > WARRANTY . Our PRODUCT GUIDE lists all of our products, where they can be used and what types of antennas they fit. You may find that our PRICE LIST is handy if you would like a quick view of all of our product costs, including accessories, options and parts.
To learn more about the specific features of each model, accessories, and to order, please read on below.
AMB_AntExtend: Vertical Extensions for Hi Q's HF Motorized Antennas
[Photo above: "AntExtend 2.5" in brushed aluminum and black powder coat, with included 1/2" HD solder lug and 1/2x20 mounting stud]
The "AntExtend" raises your antenna so the coil is above the roof line of most SUVs, vans and station wagons, for better efficiency. It can be used in mobile and fixed base applications. We custom make these solid aluminum extensions in:
The "AntExtend" comes with a stainless steel stud so you have what you need to bolt it between the antenna and your mount, with the hardware that Hi Q provides. It also comes with a heavy duty solder lug, for fastening your coax center conductor to the bottom antenna bolt - or use our new SHD-SO239-LA 2.0 or 2.5 SO239 base. The "AntExtend" is available in our standard "hand buffed" aluminum and our five standard powder coated finishes (black, red, white, blue and clear-coat).
==> It should be noted that if you extend the antenna too much you might loose 10m, especially with a medium or long length whip or large capacity hat.
2.5 inch diameter models include all necessary hardware to bolt it between your Hi Q "ruggedized" antenna "threaded tenon" (this is what your antenna screws into) and the Hi Q mounting hardware - we provide a stainless steel 1/2x20 stud and 1/2 inch heavy duty solder lug.
- (Hi Q provides the antenna bottom 1 inch diameter threaded "tenon", two 2.5" insulating wafers and base bolt).
1.6 inch diameter models include all necessary hardware to bolt it between your Hi Q "standard" antenna and the Hi Q mounting hardware - we provide a stainless steel 3/8x24 stud and 3/8 inch heavy duty solder lug.
Accessories & Options
- (Hi Q provides the two 2" insulating wafers and base bolt from Hi Q).
You might also be interested in the following accessories and options that will work with this item. These can be ordered by clicking on the PRODUCT NAMES below, which take you to a detailed description and ordering page for each item. We offer a discount if you order three (3) or more of one or multiple products. For a FAST QUOTE, click > QUANTITY DISCOUNT .
- BKT_Flat-4 : SHD flat trailer hitch/bumper mount, fits Hi Q "ruggedized" antennas and others up to a base diameter of 4 inches.
- BKT_Sksp-1 : SHD flat mount to use your Hi Q "ruggedized" antenna with the Shakespeare 4245 spring base.
- AMB_VMA-4 : bracket to attach a horizontal mount, such as our "BKT's" or UHAM150, to a vertical surface.
- SHUNT-100 : weatherproof adjustable HF load inductor for 160-10m, which bolts to our mounts and can be bolted to your "other brand" mount with a 1/4" bolt.
- SHD-SO239-LA_2.0 & 2.5 : stainless steel SO239 connector on compact aluminum L bracket, for use with HF screwdriver & motorized antennas that do not have a connector.
- CNCT-PL259-WXQD : weatherproof quick-disconnect for your coax - unplug your coax neatly if you remove your antenna, without having the plug "dangling in the wind and weather". Use your antenna on another vehicle or fixed- base while you're not operating mobile, or use multiple antennas on one vehicle. Very unique.
- Cables and Connectors : check out our new listings for cables and highg-quality Amphenol PL259 connectors, "the real deal".
The following are just a few of the photos that we have on our products, to illustrate some of the key features and installation ideas for this item.
PHOTO BELOW: "AntExtend-2.5" in buffed aluminum and black powder coat, showing the Hi Q antenna threaded "tenon" (on top) and pair of Hi Q insulating wafers - these items come with your antenna. The 1/2" solder lug comes with our "AntExtend-2.5" since it is not included with your antenna. The "AntExtend-1.6" models are for Hi Q's standard antennas which do NOT have the threaded tenon, and have a 3/8x24 base bolt.
PHOTO BELOW: "AntExtend - 12 inch" on N7PHL's Jeep, with his Hi Q ruggedized HF motorized antenna.
PHOTO BELOW: Close-up of N7PHL's setup - top section is the bottom of his Hi Q antenna and the bottom section is the "AntExtend" in black powder coat - look great together!
For many additional photos, please visit our PHOTO GALLERY ("Product Photos" & "Customer Photos" sections).
ORDER HERE: Vertical Antenna Extensions
You can order below our 2.5 inch diameter and 1.6 inch diameter solid aluminum extensions with mounting hardware, in 12 inch and 24 inch lengths. If you are looking for a CUSTOM LENGTH we can do it > please CONTACT US .
Please note these are individually made to order, one at a time, by our machine shop so they are expensive - we only list these as we've had several customers looking for such an extension.
We offer DISCOUNTS if you order three (3) or more items (mix and match). For a FAST QUOTE fill out our QUOTE FORM . For shipping information click > SHIPPING (Worldwide) . Prices are shown in the pick lists below.
ORDER HERE: AMB_AntExtend-2.5-(12" / 1 ft.)
==> For the Hi Q ruggedized antennas with 2.5 inch base diameter, one foot long.
United States Customers: Shipping $22.00, shipping each additional $12.00
Canadian Customers: Shipping $39.00, shipping each additional $21.00
International Customers: Shipping $58.00, shipping each additional $32.00
QUANTITY DISCOUNTS & SPECIAL PAYMENTS:
Major Page Update: 4/1/2011